Published On: Friday, 22 April 2016
Blue Grouse Winery named Judges’ Choice at VIREB Commercial Building Awards
NANAIMO – Blue Grouse Winery of Duncan was named the Judges’ Choice – Best Overall Entry in the 9th Annual Vancouver Island Real Estate Board Commercial Building Awards held Thursday, April 21 at the Coast Bastion Hotel in Nanaimo.
Blue Grouse Winery also won the Award of Excellence in the Hospitality category at the event, which featured 40 Finalist buildings in 12 categories at a sold-out Gala Event.
Over 70 projects were eligible this year for the awards, which celebrate the best in commercial, community and industrial buildings north of the Malahat on Vancouver Island which were completed between January 1 and December 31, 2015.
Re/MAX Commercial was the Platinum Sponsor for the event, with Coastal Community Credit Union, Colliers and the Canadian Home Builders Association – Vancouver Island as Gold Sponsors. Category sponsors included the Business Development Bank of Canada, Canadian Western Bank, NAI Commercial, Yellow Sheet Review, Herold Engineering and Invest Comox Valley. Business Examiner Vancouver Island coordinated the event.
Award of Excellence:
- Community: Snuneymuxw First Nation Administration Building, Nanaimo.
- Institutional: Qualicum Beach Fire Hall, Qualicum Beach.
- Multi-Family Apartment: 4960 Songbird Place, Nanaimo.
- Hospitality: Blue Grouse Winery, Duncan.
- Retail: Madrona MarketPlace West, Gabriola Island.
- Retail Automotive: Galaxy Motors, Courtenay.
- Retail Renovation: Pleasant Valley Landing, Nanaimo.
- Industrial: Coldstar Solutions Inc., Ladysmith; Eriks, Nanaimo.
- Industrial Renovation: Arbutus Industrial Park, Parksville.
- Non-Market Housing: Brentwood College – Hope House Residence, Mill Bay.
- Green: Milner Gardens & Woodland Shore Stabilization, Qualicum Beach.
Award of Merit:
- Institutional: Comox Public Works Yard, Comox, Peerless Road Recycling Centre, Ladysmith.
- Multi-Family Apartment: The Cannery – Seaside Living, Cowichan Bay.
- Multi-Family Townhome: 3 Leam Road, Nanaimo.
- Retail: Green Rock Liquor Store, Nanaimo; Healthyway Natural Foods, Campbell River
- Retail Automotive: Island Chevrolet GM, Duncan.
- Retail Renovation: The Broken Spoke Coffee House – 420 Fitzgerald, Courtenay.
- Hospitality: Comfort Inn Hotel, Campbell River; Sproat Lake Landing, Port Alberni.
The Official Booklet for the Awards can be viewed online at the following link.
- For further information, contact Mark MacDonald at Business Examiner at 1-866-758-2684 Ext. 120 or email: email@example.com.