Published On: Wednesday, 24 January 2018
Buy Local and Support our Award-Winning Businesses
by Kim Kirkham, Executive Director, Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce
PENTICTION - As 2017 has come to a close and we start 2018, it’s a good time to remind everyone to support our local businesses. Or, as you may see on social media, #shoplocal or #buylocal!
When you buy from or use the services of a local business, you’re actively contributing to our local economy by keeping your dollars in your community. We have great stores throughout our city, wonderful service providers, and excellent business leaders.
With another year completed and the new year undersay, the Penticton & Wine Country Chamber of Commerce wants to once again thank our diverse business community for choosing Penticton. We also want to recognize the numerous nominees for our 30th annual Business Excellence Awards.
If you didn’t have a chance to attend the awards, give hearty congratulations to this year’s winners as you meet them in local businesses in 2018!
- Hospitality/Tourism Excellence, sponsored by Travel Penticton, won by LocoLanding Adventure Park
- Home Based Business Excellence, sponsored by SunFM/EZ Rock 800, won by Splendid Bastard
- Industrial & Manufacturing Excellence, sponsored by Greyback Construction Ltd., won by International Bar Coding Systems & Consulting
- Family Friendly Excellence, sponsored by Downtown Penticton Association, won by Glow SUP Adventure
- Aboriginal & Inclusivity Workplace of the Year, sponsored by BDO Canada LLP, won by Of the Land Productions Inc.
- Agricultural & Agri-Business Excellence, sponsored by RE/MAX Penticton Realty, won by King Family Farms
- Professional Service Excellence, sponsored by BMO Financial Group, won by Moments Under Frame
- Retail Excellence, sponsored by Cherry Lane Shopping Centre, won by BC Wine Information Centre
- Workplace Culture Excellence, sponsored by South Okanagan Immigrant and Community Services, won by Cowork Penticton
- Excellence in Marketing Innovation, sponsored by Castanet, won by The “Peach” Ice Cream Shop
- Sustainability Excellence, sponsored by Penticton Toyota, won by Nature's Fare Markets
- New Business Award, sponsored by Valley First Credit Union, won by The Nest & Nectar
- Winery of the Year, sponsored by Parker's Chrysler Dodge Jeep, won by Poplar Grove Winery
- Young Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by JCI Penticton & The Fourth Media, won by Mare McHale- Redhead Mare
- Business Leader of the Year, sponsored by TD Canada Trust, won by Keith MacIntyre- Big Bear Software Inc.
- Business of the Year, sponsored by Cascades Casino, won by Okanagan Hockey Group.